2012 was an interesting year for me and my computerized sidekick, Zeppelin.
- Published a trivia question post every day for a year. Take that bloggeristas. For the near future, we’ll keep doing them too.
- Published audio every Friday, including some ‘Listen-To-This’ editions while I was on vacation to spotlight friends that deserve praise (like Slightly Burned Pants & MBMBaM.)
- Got out the vote in support of gay marriage. Statewide was a victory, however the federal government needs to recognize it for sweeping coverages and changes to be made.
- Got an app on the iOS App Store. You can download it here. Due to Apple’s policies it didn’t turn out quite the way I had intended (as promotion for the VO side of my business), but my app maker Danny Perski (@mguniverse/mguniverse.com) made it into a beautiful PopQuizzical podcast streamer. Kudos. (Updates forthcoming to the app in 2013)
- T-Shirts abound! Logo designer extrodiairre Justin Russo made a fine design that was used at PAX and is still available in the PopQuizzical T-shirt store on our Facebook page.
Then there were some things that didn’t get done. I would like to blame the government’s fiscal cliff, but we all know that if I point the finger at someone there are three pointing back at me:
- Didn’t find a podcast network for PopQuizzical. A lack of time on my part did not help things. On a completely separate note, PopQuizzical’s looking to join a podcast network. For serious inquiries, contact me at podcast@PopQuizzical.com. For all other inquiries, I guess you can use the same address.
- Didn’t get to the PopQuizzical page redesign. I keep thinking that I’ll ‘get around to it’, but all I seem to get is a round tuit.
What is in store for PopQuizzical in 2013? Fluidity, my friends. Fluidity.
At least that goal I can hit. Thank you all for helping me to a great 2012. Thanks even to the Mayans – you helped me round out my podcast year.
Here’s to a great new year for both of us,